Thursday, December 29, 2011

Roses in December Ruffled Scarf


So we were packing for this upcoming trip and I thought it will be cool to have some accessories for myself. I had a half-baked idea of a shirred scarf in my head and a just perfect jersey fabric at hand but there were still a few kinks that I couldn't think of a way to get around..that is..until now.
Once I thought through the design and felt confident, I left the piles of clothes to be packed on the bed, handed the munchkin her favorite toy, and got to work ( sounds familiar...eh).
It was an easy-peasy scarf and if I weren't interrupted by my bunny who now wants to "Sew clothes" it would take me about 20 mins...I think.
The scarf is super soft and very ruffley...just the way I wanted. I wore it to work and what to do you know...I even got compliments :). My colleague told me the scarf looked very nice, she even asked me where I bought it. I tried my best not to look smug when I told her "I made it"...lol.
Incidents like these totally make my day...and ohh..almost forgot.. the tutorial is in the works and will be here very soon.


Pin It

16 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the tutorial, very pretty scarf, would love to have one. I would love for you to share at Bacon Times weekly anything goes linky.
    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely scarf! and don't you just love when people ask where you bought the thing you made yourself! It's such a nice compliment! Great job!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooH, what a pretty, pretty scarf!

    I love the pink with the ruffles!


    Would also love it if you stopped by for a visit!

    P.S. I'm your newest follower. : )

    ~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful...the fabric is lovely. Soft ruffles, soft color...aahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I would love to see the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. featuring on Thursday at Bacon Time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful. Would love for you to stop by Monday and share it at my linky.

    Jamie
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait for a tutorial. This is an awesome scarf. I sure added you to my google reader. Thanks for sharing
    Greetings from Germany
    Catrin
    P.S. Found you through the creation corner link party

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you shared this at my party!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on the scarf! Thanks for sharing at the Tuesday To Do Party!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. How pretty! And it looks so simple to make. I'll be featuring this tomorrow, so be sure and grab a featured button when you link up again to I Made It! Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. super nice scarf!

    http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving this scarf! I need to make myself more scarfs!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)