Friday, June 17, 2011

Sewing Techniques Roundup

Every Friday, I share a roundup of all the blogs posts that I have come across which talk about some specific sewing techniques. After all we all strive to be better seamstress, don't we?

 Finishing the seams (Techniques from around the world)

Until last week I didn't even know that something like "Hong-kong seams" exist. They do and for good reason.We all need great looking seams inside our garments.

I guess French Seams are a more common way of finishing seams without a serger.

While sewing I always strive for professional finish in the garment, apparently I'm not alone in my quest.
Adithi's Amma Sews shares this great tutorial for sewing finished elastic casings and it is so simple.

Oh man! How clever is this - Making your own oilcloth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some sugar :)