Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Reversible Sun Hat

Reversible Sun Hat sewing project

reversible sun hat sewing
Based on pattern Sprinkle's Sun Hat From Valerie Van Sharder's book "Sweet Booties". This pattern didn't really work out for me. For one thing I chose the Newborn size because everything else seem to fit my 18 mos old in that size :o . Apparently little one actually has the head of an 18 month old even though the rest of her body is newborn size. No idea if the sizing is off in the book or its my little one.

sewing a reversible sun hat
Also the pieces didn't line up properly for me. Again, it could just be my cutting skills ( or lack of them ).
Since I have already returned the book, I'll try to self modify the pattern. Hats are a very cute and functional accessory, so it will be good if I have a go to pattern for these.

4 comments:

  1. I found you on Simply Designing. Creative people like you inspire me so I decided to follow your blog. I do not know how to sew but I sure can appreciate those who can to create things like this hat. I hope you will follow me back http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com I can be found in facebook too http://www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose and twitter @DeniseLillaRose If you like/follow me there I will do the same for you. When you stop by my blog, please check out my kind of fashion (hair jewelry).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute too! Can you put it up Saturday too? Actually you can just put an projects you lik. The more the nerdier! Have you ever joined in a link up? Oh and all of my kids had big heads and never fit into most baby hats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! My name is Danielle and I am one of your followers. I have a little bloggy called Blissful and Domestic and I am currently looking for guest bloggers. I was wondering if you would be interested. Let me know. I think it would be really fun!

    -Danielle
    BlissfulandDomestic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could use one of those right about now, especially since it's so cute. You did a great job. I bet your daughter is delighted to have a mom who can sew so wonderfully.

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)