Saturday, June 4, 2011

Beach beckons!

So we spent the memorial day weekend munching junk food, lounging around, gossiping with (girl)friends, clicking pictures basically doing nothing. And it was the best long weekend in a long long time.

I wanted to make some accessories to wear on this beachy vacation ( less beach, more vacation). Here's what I came up with:
beads and ribbon necklace diy

I even got bold with my nail-color. I don't think my nails had ever seen anything that was not brown-ish.....or....red-ish so far....but this time I chose to step out of my comfort zone.
teal nails

I think I have some sort of teal-fever right now....I'm loving everything teal this summer. What is your current favorite?

6 comments:

  1. Love it! I definitely need to get out of my comfort zone with my nail polish. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those toes! I love that color is back in polish again...

    I need me some beach time, but given that's it's 50 in Chicago right now...Grrr...

    Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely necklace - saw it over on Inspire Me Fridays.

    and lucky you for getting beach time. it's still raining here in the UK - altho it's much needed!!

    Kathleen Mc xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute! could you possibly post a tutorial for this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the toe color!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love blue lacquer too. Very beatiful yours.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)